Some 492,000 lack power Fri. after nor'easter, Sandy-US gov't
Nov 9 (Reuters) - Some 492,000 U.S. homes and businesses remained without power as of 9 a.m. EST (1400 GMT) Friday morning from combined damages due to a nor'easter that hit the eastern United States on Wednesday and Hurricane Sandy last week, down some 269,000 from Thursday afternoon, the U.S. Department of Energy said in a report.
The number of affected states had been reduced to three by Friday morning from six on Thursday evening.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats