Syria's opposition SNC elects George Sabra as new head
DOHA Nov 9 (Reuters) - The opposition Syrian National Council elected veteran opposition figure George Sabra as its head on Friday.
Sabra, a Christian residing in Turkey, was one of two candidates that the SNC's executive council chose from in a ballot counted in front of reporters and council members in the Qatari capital Doha where the group has been meeting this week.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief