Syria's opposition SNC elects George Sabra as new head
DOHA Nov 9 (Reuters) - The opposition Syrian National Council elected veteran opposition figure George Sabra as its head on Friday.
Sabra, a Christian residing in Turkey, was one of two candidates that the SNC's executive council chose from in a ballot counted in front of reporters and council members in the Qatari capital Doha where the group has been meeting this week.
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source