- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
Twenty-six Syrian army officers defect to Turkey - report
ANKARA Nov 9 (Reuters) - Twenty-six military officers, including two generals, defected from the Syrian army to Turkey overnight, Turkish state media reported on Friday.
The officers, including 11 colonels, two lieutenant-colonels, two majors, four captains and five lieutenants, crossed into Turkey's province of Hatay with their families and other foot soldiers, making a total of 71 people, state-run Anatolian news agency said.
It was the biggest desertion of senior soldiers from President Bashar al-Assad's forces in months.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this