About 8,000 Syrians flee to Turkey overnight-official
ANKARA Nov 9 (Reuters) - About 8,000 refugees fleeing violence in Syria crossed into Turkey in the last 24 hours, a Turkish foreign ministry official said on Friday, bringing the total number of refugees in Turkey to around 120,000.
State-run Anatolian news agency also reported on Friday that 26 Syrian officers had defected from the Syrian military to Turkey overnight.
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal