Earthquake hits northern Japan, no tsunami warning issued
TOKYO (Reuters) - An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.5 shook northern Japan on Friday, public broadcaster NHK said.
No tsunami warning was issued, and there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on