Kings' Robinson suspended two games for elbowing opponent
(Reuters) - Sacramento Kings forward Thomas Robinson has been suspended by the National Basketball Association for two games for elbowing Jonas Jerebko of the Detroit Pistons in the neck, the league said on Thursday.
Robinson, the fifth overall pick in the 2012 draft, will serve his suspension on Friday, when the Kings host the San Antonio Spurs, and on Sunday, when the Kings play the Lakers in Los Angeles.
The 21-year-old power forward was immediately ejected for the foul which occurred in the final quarter of Sacramento's 105-103 win over Detroit on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Mark Lamport-Stokes in Los Angeles; Editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |