Kings' Robinson suspended two games for elbowing opponent
(Reuters) - Sacramento Kings forward Thomas Robinson has been suspended by the National Basketball Association for two games for elbowing Jonas Jerebko of the Detroit Pistons in the neck, the league said on Thursday.
Robinson, the fifth overall pick in the 2012 draft, will serve his suspension on Friday, when the Kings host the San Antonio Spurs, and on Sunday, when the Kings play the Lakers in Los Angeles.
The 21-year-old power forward was immediately ejected for the foul which occurred in the final quarter of Sacramento's 105-103 win over Detroit on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Mark Lamport-Stokes in Los Angeles; Editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |