About 8,000 Syrians flee to Turkey overnight: official
ANKARA (Reuters) - About 8,000 refugees fleeing violence in Syria crossed into Turkey in the last 24 hours, a Turkish foreign ministry official said on Friday, bringing the total number of refugees in Turkey to around 120,000.
State-run Anatolian news agency also reported on Friday that 26 Syrian officers had defected from the Syrian military to Turkey overnight.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal on Thursday: officials