About 8,000 Syrians flee to Turkey overnight: official
ANKARA (Reuters) - About 8,000 refugees fleeing violence in Syria crossed into Turkey in the last 24 hours, a Turkish foreign ministry official said on Friday, bringing the total number of refugees in Turkey to around 120,000.
State-run Anatolian news agency also reported on Friday that 26 Syrian officers had defected from the Syrian military to Turkey overnight.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |