Obama inviting congressional leaders for fiscal talks: official
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama is inviting congressional leaders to the White House next week for "fiscal cliff" talks, an administration official said on Friday.
Obama will announce that the invitation was extended to Republican House Speaker John Boehner, Democratic House leader Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and top Senate Republican Mitch McConnell, the official said.
(Reporting By Tabassum Zakaria)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin