Obama inviting congressional leaders for fiscal talks: official
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama is inviting congressional leaders to the White House next week for "fiscal cliff" talks, an administration official said on Friday.
Obama will announce that the invitation was extended to Republican House Speaker John Boehner, Democratic House leader Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and top Senate Republican Mitch McConnell, the official said.
(Reporting By Tabassum Zakaria)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy