Obama inviting congressional leaders for fiscal talks-official
WASHINGTON Nov 9 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama is inviting congressional leaders to the White House next week for "fiscal cliff" talks, an administration official said on Friday.
Obama will announce that the invitation was extended to Republican House Speaker John Boehner, Democratic House leader Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and top Senate Republican Mitch McConnell, the official said.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |