Exxon shuts pipeline after oil leak offshore Nigeria
ABUJA Nov 10 (Reuters) - Exxon has shut a pipeline off the coast of Nigeria's Akwa Ibom state after an oil leak started by an unknown cause, the company's local unit said on Saturday.
"(Exxon Nigeria) confirms that on Nov. 9 an oil release occurred offshore Akwa Ibom State," Mobil Producing Nigeria, Exxon's local unit, said in an emailed statement.
"The source of the leak was identified and the pipeline was isolated and shutdown."
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin