CORRECTED (OFFICIAL)-Popular offers new share issue at 0.401 euros/share
(Corrects throughout after bank released new issue price)
MADRID Nov 10 (Reuters) - Spain's Banco Popular said on Saturday it would offer a 2.5-billion-euro ($3.2 billion) new share issue at 0.401 euros per share, representing a 64 percent discount to Friday's closing share price of 1.118 euros.
The price is a 76 percent discount to the 1.701 euros the shares closed on Sept. 28 when an independent audit of the Spanish banking sector identified a 3.2 billion euro capital shortfall at Popular, prompting its plans for a new share issue. (Reporting By Tomas Cobos and Tracy Rucinski; Editing by Toby Chopra)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections