Popular shareholders approve rights issue
MADRID Nov 10 (Reuters) - Shareholders of Spain's Banco Popular approved a 2.5-billion-euro ($3.2 billion) rights issue on Saturday, averting the need for the bank to seek European aid.
Popular is offering the new shares at 0.401 euros per share, representing a 64 percent discount to Friday's closing share price of 1.118 euros. (Reporting By Tomas Cobos; Writing by Tracy Rucinski; Editing by Toby Chopra)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal