US DOE releases additional fuel from heating oil reserves
WASHINGTON Nov 9 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department on Friday said it would release an additional 4.2 million gallons of diesel from the nation's emergency heating oil reserves to help ease fuel shortages in Connecticut due to Hurricane Sandy.
The fuel will be released to the Defense Department to provide emergency loans to fuel distributors in the state.
- Malaysian airplane investigators look at suicide as possible motive |
- Planning could hold key to disappearance of Flight MH370 |
- U.S., EU set sanctions as Putin recognizes Crimea "sovereignty" |
- Magnitude 4.4 earthquake rocks Los Angeles area
- Russian government admits economy in crisis as Ukraine weighs