US DOE releases additional fuel from heating oil reserves
WASHINGTON Nov 9 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department on Friday said it would release an additional 4.2 million gallons of diesel from the nation's emergency heating oil reserves to help ease fuel shortages in Connecticut due to Hurricane Sandy.
The fuel will be released to the Defense Department to provide emergency loans to fuel distributors in the state.
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight