US DOE releases additional fuel from heating oil reserves
WASHINGTON Nov 9 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department on Friday said it would release an additional 4.2 million gallons of diesel from the nation's emergency heating oil reserves to help ease fuel shortages in Connecticut due to Hurricane Sandy.
The fuel will be released to the Defense Department to provide emergency loans to fuel distributors in the state.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea