US DOE releases additional fuel from heating oil reserves
WASHINGTON Nov 9 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department on Friday said it would release an additional 4.2 million gallons of diesel from the nation's emergency heating oil reserves to help ease fuel shortages in Connecticut due to Hurricane Sandy.
The fuel will be released to the Defense Department to provide emergency loans to fuel distributors in the state.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?