Car bombs kill Syrian security forces in Deraa-activists
BEIRUT Nov 10 (Reuters) - Dozens of members of the Syrian security forces were killed when two cars loaded with explosives drove into a military camp in the southern town of Deraa on Saturday, activists said, in what appeared to be a double suicide attack.
The first car had driven into the camp and exploded, followed by the second vehicle, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said in a statement. The detonation of the second vehicle caused the casualties, it added.
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped