Klitschko beats Wach on points to retain titles
HAMBURG (Reuters) - World heavyweight champion Vladimir Klitschko was made to go the distance against Polish challenger Mariusz Wach but earned a unanimous points decision on Saturday to retain his four title belts.
The 36-year-old Ukrainian, who holds the IBF, IBO, WBO and WBA crowns, was never seriously troubled by the 32-year-old who saw his unbeaten record snap after 27 wins in 27 fights.
Klitschko, who improved his record to 59 wins from 62 fights, had pinned Wach to the ropes in the eighth but failed to knock him down. The three judges gave Klitschko a 120-107, 120-107 119-109 victory.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |