- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Small earthquake strikes eastern Kentucky: USGS
(Reuters) - A light 4.3 magnitude earthquake rattled southeastern Kentucky on Saturday at 12:08 p.m. ET, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The quake, at a shallow depth of 0.7 mile, was in the Appalachian Mountains near the Virginia border, and centered in the rural town of Blackey, the agency said.
USGS initially reported the quake as 5.3 magnitude. Earthquakes in this coal-mining region are rare.
(Reporting by Vicki Allen)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this