Some 492,000 lack power Fri. after nor'easter, Sandy: government
(Reuters) - Some 492,000 U.S. homes and businesses remained without power as of 9 a.m. EST (1400 GMT) Friday morning from combined damages due to a nor'easter that hit the eastern United States on Wednesday and Hurricane Sandy last week, down some 269,000 from Thursday afternoon, the U.S. Department of Energy said in a report.
The number of affected states had been reduced to three by Friday morning from six on Thursday evening.
(Reporting By Jeanine Prezioso; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, militants threaten Israeli airport |
- Haskell collapses in Texas court as details of Texas murder read
- A game of two popes: Vatican plays down talk of World Cup rivalry
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities