Turkish soldier dies, 12 injured in helicopter crash
DIYARBAKIR (Reuters) - One Turkish soldier was killed and 12 were injured on Saturday when their helicopter crashed in southeastern Turkey, security sources said.
The Sikorsky helicopter crashed on Herekol mountain, in the Pervari area of Siirt province, the sources told Reuters. The cause of the crash was not clear immediately, they said.
(Reporting by Seyhmus Cakan; Writing by Seda Sezer; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens |
- Seagram chairman, WJC head Edgar Bronfman dead at 84
A federal judge struck down Utah's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, handing a major victory to gay rights activists in a conservative state Slideshow