Apple and HTC settle global patent war
Nov 10 (Reuters) - Apple Inc and HTC Corp announced on Saturday a global patent settlement and 10-year license agreement that includes current and future patents held by the companies.
Apple sued HTC in 2010, accusing the Taiwanese handset company of infringing the iPhone maker's patented technology. It was Apple's first major legal salvo against a manufacturer that used Google's Android operating system.
Apple and HTC did not disclose specific terms of the settlement.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'