RPT-Japan third-quarter GDP shrinks 0.9 pct q/q
TOKYO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Japan's economy shrank 0.9 percent in July-September from the previous quarter, the first contraction in three quarters, government data showed, in a sign that faltering global demand and weak consumer spending may push the economy into a mild recession.
The contraction was in line with the median estimate for a 0.9 percent fall, according to a Reuters poll, and followed a revised 0.1 percent rise in the April-June quarter.
Japan's gross domestic product (GDP) figure translated into an annualised decline of 3.5 percent, slightly bigger than the median economist forecast of a 3.4 percent fall.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling