- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Russia moves closer to jail terms for offending religion
- UPDATE 1-Regeneron, Sanofi asthma drug seen as potential game changer
RPT-Japan third-quarter GDP shrinks 0.9 pct q/q
TOKYO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Japan's economy shrank 0.9 percent in July-September from the previous quarter, the first contraction in three quarters, government data showed, in a sign that faltering global demand and weak consumer spending may push the economy into a mild recession.
The contraction was in line with the median estimate for a 0.9 percent fall, according to a Reuters poll, and followed a revised 0.1 percent rise in the April-June quarter.
Japan's gross domestic product (GDP) figure translated into an annualised decline of 3.5 percent, slightly bigger than the median economist forecast of a 3.4 percent fall.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this