Attacker in Afghan army uniform kills NATO soldier
KABUL (Reuters) - An attacker wearing an Afghan army uniform killed a member of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in the south of Afghanistan on Sunday, the force said.
At least 57 members of ISAF Have been killed in so-called insider attacks this year, undermining trust between coalition and Afghan forces as NATO prepares to withdraw most combat troops by the end of 2014.
"An individual in an Afghan National Army uniform turned his weapon against ISAF service members, killing one," an ISAF spokesman said, declining to give the victim's nationality.
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped