Rockets coach McHale takes leave of absence
(Reuters) - Houston Rockets coach Kevin McHale is taking an immediate leave of absence to attend to a personal family matter, the National Basketball Association team said on Saturday.
McHale was needed back home in Minnesota, Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said in a statement.
He did not elaborate and no return date has been set.
Assistant Kelvin Sampson would handle coaching duties while McHale was away, the statement added.
The Rockets (2-3) entered Saturday's game against Detroit in last place in the Southwest Division having lost three in a row.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Ottawa pushes for business as usual after shootings |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor