D.R. Horton profit soars as orders jump
Nov 12 (Reuters) - Top U.S. homebuilder D.R. Horton Inc quarterly profit nearly tripled as gross margins improved and net sales orders rose.
Net income rose to $100.1 million, or 30 cents per share for the fourth quarter ended Sept. 30, from $35.7 million, or 11 cents per share, a year earlier.
Homebuilding revenue climbed 21 percent to $1.30 billion. Net sales orders grew 24 percent in the quarter.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia