Japan PM: GDP figures severe, will respond with sense of urgency
TOKYO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Figures showing a 0.9 percent contraction in Japan's economy in the three months to September, the first in three quarters, are severe, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda told a lower house budgetary committee on Monday.
"We will respond with a sense of urgency," he said.
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. veteran Merrill Newman
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Cuba drops veto at WTO meet, enabling global trade deal: sources