Japan PM: GDP figures severe, will respond with sense of urgency
TOKYO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Figures showing a 0.9 percent contraction in Japan's economy in the three months to September, the first in three quarters, are severe, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda told a lower house budgetary committee on Monday.
"We will respond with a sense of urgency," he said.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone