Japan PM: GDP figures severe, will respond with sense of urgency
TOKYO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Figures showing a 0.9 percent contraction in Japan's economy in the three months to September, the first in three quarters, are severe, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda told a lower house budgetary committee on Monday.
"We will respond with a sense of urgency," he said.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade