Japan PM: GDP figures severe, will respond with sense of urgency
TOKYO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Figures showing a 0.9 percent contraction in Japan's economy in the three months to September, the first in three quarters, are severe, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda told a lower house budgetary committee on Monday.
"We will respond with a sense of urgency," he said.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change
- Alibaba expected to rise more than 30 percent in trading debut |