Julius Baer to buy 20 pct of Italy's Kairos
ZURICH Nov 12 (Reuters) - Swiss wealth manager Julius Baer said on Monday it will buy 19.9 percent of Italy's Kairos Investment Management as part of a deal between the two groups to create a leading onshore wealth management group in Italy.
Following regulatory approval, expected in the first half of 2013, the parties have also agreed to set up a new private bank in Italy by separately applying for a banking licence after the closing of the transaction.
Kairos manages around 4.5 billion euros and employs around 115 staff. (Reporting by Martin de Sa'Pinto)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'