- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Fitch revises LIPA credit rating outlook to negative
Nov 12 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings changed its outlook on $5.9 billion of Long Island Power Authority debt to negative from stable on Monday, saying that the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy will put the New York state-owned power company's tight finances in even more of a squeeze.
The storm is also expected to "frustrate the authority's efforts to achieve improved financial performance and metrics as forecast," Fitch said in a statement.
The credit rating agency also affirmed its A rating for LIPA's $5.9 billion in outstanding electric system revenue bonds.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this