Seadrill signs 5-year, $1.18 bln rig deal
OSLO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Rig operator Seadrill has signed a $1.18 billion five-year deal with Husky Oil Operations Limited to provide a newly built harsh environment rig for operations in Canada and Greenland, it said on Monday.
"The award of a five-year contract with commencement in 2015 is also a clear sign of the present tightness in the harsh environment (and) deepwater drilling market," Seadrill said.
"Seadrill currently has several options and proposals to increase the newbuild program within this field further," it said. "A decision regarding further investment within this segment is likely to be taken shortly."
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |