Seadrill signs 5-year, $1.18 bln rig deal
OSLO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Rig operator Seadrill has signed a $1.18 billion five-year deal with Husky Oil Operations Limited to provide a newly built harsh environment rig for operations in Canada and Greenland, it said on Monday.
"The award of a five-year contract with commencement in 2015 is also a clear sign of the present tightness in the harsh environment (and) deepwater drilling market," Seadrill said.
"Seadrill currently has several options and proposals to increase the newbuild program within this field further," it said. "A decision regarding further investment within this segment is likely to be taken shortly."
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |