Spain deficit targets need to reflect European recession-minister
MADRID Nov 12 (Reuters) - Spain's deficit targets need to take into account Europe's recession, the country's economy minister said on Monday.
"We need to take into account that Europe is in recession and in these circumstances we must look not just at nominal targets but at structural ones," Luis de Guindos said in Brussels.
The minister also said it was important for his conservative People's Party to strike an agreement with the opposition Socialists over evictions, saying every Spaniard had the right to housing. (Reporting By Paul day, writing by Sarah Morris)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image