Sawiris declines comment on Telecom Italia report
CAIRO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Egyptian businessman Naguib Sawiris declined to comment on Monday on a report he had offered to invest as much as 5 billion euros ($6.4 billion) for a stake in Telecom Italia, his spokeswoman in Cairo said.
The report was published by the Wall Street Journal, which cited sources close to the Italian company.
(Writing by Edmund Blair; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'