Sawiris confirms interest in Telecom Italia
CAIRO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Naguib Sawiris is interested in Telecom Italia, his spokeswoman said on Monday, adding that a report the Egyptian businessman had offered to invest up to 5 billion euros ($6.4 billion) was inaccurate.
"He confirmed the content of the report that he actually expressed an interest," she told Reuters. But she said he described a report that he would invest up to 5 billion euros as "inaccurate and excessive". ($1 = 0.7868 euro) (Writing by Edmund Blair; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image