Sawiris confirms interest in Telecom Italia
CAIRO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Naguib Sawiris is interested in Telecom Italia, his spokeswoman said on Monday, adding that a report the Egyptian businessman had offered to invest up to 5 billion euros ($6.4 billion) was inaccurate.
"He confirmed the content of the report that he actually expressed an interest," she told Reuters. But she said he described a report that he would invest up to 5 billion euros as "inaccurate and excessive". ($1 = 0.7868 euro) (Writing by Edmund Blair; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |