Sawiris confirms interest in Telecom Italia
CAIRO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Naguib Sawiris is interested in Telecom Italia, his spokeswoman said on Monday, adding that a report the Egyptian businessman had offered to invest up to 5 billion euros ($6.4 billion) was inaccurate.
"He confirmed the content of the report that he actually expressed an interest," she told Reuters. But she said he described a report that he would invest up to 5 billion euros as "inaccurate and excessive". ($1 = 0.7868 euro) (Writing by Edmund Blair; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source