Telecom Italia's chairman says Sawiris move shows value of company
TURIN Italy Nov 12 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia Chairman Franco Bernabe said on Monday interest shown by Egyptian businessman Naguib Sawiris in buying a stake in Italy's biggest telephone operator highlighted the value of company.
Sawiris' move shows "there is important value and we are pleased for this," Bernabe said on the margins of an event in Turin, Italy.
The debt-laden Italian group said on Monday Sawiris had sent an expression on interest for a stake in the company by acquiring newly issued shares. (Reporting By Gianni Montani)
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home