Telecom Italia's chairman says Sawiris move shows value of company
TURIN Italy Nov 12 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia Chairman Franco Bernabe said on Monday interest shown by Egyptian businessman Naguib Sawiris in buying a stake in Italy's biggest telephone operator highlighted the value of company.
Sawiris' move shows "there is important value and we are pleased for this," Bernabe said on the margins of an event in Turin, Italy.
The debt-laden Italian group said on Monday Sawiris had sent an expression on interest for a stake in the company by acquiring newly issued shares. (Reporting By Gianni Montani)
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- New report calls U.S. a 'rising star' of global manufacturing