Kings center Cousins suspended for two games
(Reuters) - Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins has been suspended for two games by the National Basketball Association for confronting an announcer in a hostile manner, the league said on Sunday.
The incident between Cousins and Spurs announcer Sean Elliot took place after San Antonio's 97-86 win over Sacramento on Friday.
Cousins, a first-round pick in the 2010 draft, will miss Sunday's game at the Los Angeles Lakers and Tuesday's home contest with the Portland Trail Blazers.
(Reporting by Mark Lamport-Stokes in Los Angeles; Editing by Gene Cherry)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone