Unequal finance costs in EU largest risk to Spain growth: minister
MADRID (Reuters) - Differences in financing costs between European countries represent the largest risk to Spain's growth outlook, Spanish Economy Minister Luis de Guindos said in Brussels on Monday.
"Just like other vulnerable periphery countries in the euro, we need a normalization of economic financing conditions," de Guindos said.
"We can't have a situation where a small Spanish company has far higher financing costs than a company in central Europe." (Reporting By Paul Day, writing by Sarah Morris, editing Nigel Davies)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |