Unequal finance costs in EU largest risk to Spain growth: minister
MADRID (Reuters) - Differences in financing costs between European countries represent the largest risk to Spain's growth outlook, Spanish Economy Minister Luis de Guindos said in Brussels on Monday.
"Just like other vulnerable periphery countries in the euro, we need a normalization of economic financing conditions," de Guindos said.
"We can't have a situation where a small Spanish company has far higher financing costs than a company in central Europe." (Reporting By Paul Day, writing by Sarah Morris, editing Nigel Davies)
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Ukrainian protesters topple Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video