U.S. Steel gets approaches for Slovak unit
BRATISLAVA Nov 12 (Reuters) - Investors have expressed interest in U.S. Steel Corp's Slovak unit because of its location, low labour costs and product portfolio, the unit said on Monday.
U.S. Steel Kosice, the euro zone country's largest private corporate employer with more than 11,000 staff including subsidiaries, is an important supplier for Slovakia's booming car industry, the key driver of the small economy.
The Slovak unit said the company will now study and explore the bids in the context of its overall capital allocation and in order to maximizes shareholder returns.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls