U.S. Steel gets approaches for Slovak unit
BRATISLAVA Nov 12 (Reuters) - Investors have expressed interest in U.S. Steel Corp's Slovak unit because of its location, low labour costs and product portfolio, the unit said on Monday.
U.S. Steel Kosice, the euro zone country's largest private corporate employer with more than 11,000 staff including subsidiaries, is an important supplier for Slovakia's booming car industry, the key driver of the small economy.
The Slovak unit said the company will now study and explore the bids in the context of its overall capital allocation and in order to maximizes shareholder returns.
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight