Banco Popolare CEO sees dividend for 2012 very unlikely
MILAN Nov 13 (Reuters) - Italian bank Banco Popolare's chief executive said on Tuesday the idea that the bank could pay a dividend for 2012 is very unlikely.
"I believe I can honestly say that it will be quite difficult to imagine that a dividend could be paid," said Chief Executive Pier Francesco Saviotti on a conference call after the bank's third quarter earnings.
He said in reply to a question that at a dividend payment had not been considered when taking into account of the bank's ratios.
(Reporting by Andrea Mandala', editing by Jennifer Clark)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Nose gear on plane collapses at Philadelphia airport
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Asian stocks tumble, yen stands tall as Ukraine crisis darkens mood