Brazil retail sales rise 0.3 pct in September from August
SAO PAULO Nov 13 (Reuters) - Retail sales volumes in Brazil rose 0.3 percent in September from August, government statistics agency IBGE said on Tuesday.
Retail sales had been expected to grow 0.3 percent, according to the median estimate of 35 economists polled by Reuters. Forecasts ranged from a drop of 0.2 percent to an increase of 1.1 percent.
September's retail sales jumped 8.5 percent from the year-earlier period, the IBGE added, slightly less than the 8.7 percent median estimate in the Reuters poll. Forecasts ranged from a gain of 7.5 percent to 13.4 percent.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |