California Chamber of Commerce seeks to stop cap-and-trade
SAN FRANCISCO Nov 13 (Reuters) - The California Chamber of Commerce said it filed a petition on Tuesday to halt the state's program which would allow the sale of carbon allowances to large emitters, a policy known as cap-and-trade.
The petition was filed in a Sacramento state court, according to a copy on the organization's web site.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter