Chile central bank holds key rate steady at 5.0 percent
SANTIAGO Nov 13 (Reuters) - Chile's central bank kept its benchmark interest rate on hold at 5.0 percent, as expected, on Tuesday for the tenth consecutive month as robust local growth offsets looming risks from a slowdown in global demand.
The median estimate of 18 economists and analysts polled by Reuters last week was for the monetary authority to keep the key lending rate steady at its meeting on Tuesday.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia