Hitachi Metals, Hitachi Cable to merge from April 2013
TOKYO Nov 13 (Reuters) - Hitachi Metals Ltd and Hitachi Cable Ltd announced on Tuesday that the two Hitachi Ltd subsidiaries will merge in April, creating a materials maker with interests ranging from automotive and electronics parts to fibre optics.
The merger will boost efficiency amid increasing market competition, the two companies said in a joint statement. (Reporting by Shinichi Saoshiro; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |