US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Home Depot earnings help lift stocks
NEW YORK Nov 13 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday as strong results from Home Depot helped markets rebound from recent weakness generated by fears about the year-end "fiscal cliff," which investors see as a threat to U.S. economic growth.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 66.58 points, or 0.52 percent, to 12,881.66. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gained 7.05 points, or 0.51 percent, to 1,387.08. The Nasdaq Composite Index gained 1.48 points, or 0.05 percent, to 2,905.74.
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources