Valero Port Arthur, TX, refinery reports emissions from FCCU
Nov 13 (Reuters) - Valero Energy Corp reported emissions from a gasoline-making fluid catalytic cracking unit (FCCU) at its 292,000 barrel-per-day Port Arthur, Texas, refinery, according to a filing with state pollution regulators. "Operations troubleshot FCCU-1241 start-up issues and stopped flaring as quickly as possible. Incident is under investigation," said the filing, made with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. The company earlier said it had restarted an FCCU and was increasing to planned rates.
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak