Shoppers Drug Mart profit down; sales, EPS rise
Nov 13 (Reuters) - Canada's top pharmacy chain, Shoppers Drug Mart Corp, reported a slightly lower quarterly profit on Tuesday even as sales rose and share buybacks boosted earnings per share.
The company said net earnings were C$168 million, or 81 Canadian cents a share, compared with C$172 million, or 80 Canadian cents a share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 3.2 percent to C$3.21 billion, and same-store sales, a key measure for retailers, rose 2.3 percent.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |