Singapore Telecommunications Q2 net profit down 1.6 pct
SINGAPORE Nov 14 (Reuters) - Singapore Telecommunications Ltd reported a 1.6 percent fall in second-quarter net profit on Wednesday, partly dragged down by higher costs.
SingTel, Southeast Asia's largest telecommunications firm, had net profit of S$868 million ($709.9 million) for the three months ended in September, down from S$882 million a year earlier.
Underlying net profit was S$886 million. That was below the S$896 million average forecast based on a Reuters poll of six analysts.
For SingTel's statement on its earnings, click ($1 = 1.2227 Singapore dollars) (Reporting by Eveline Danubrata; Editing by John O'Callaghan)
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- Scores rescued from sinking South Korean ferry, two dead: officials
- Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on healthcare: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first quarter
- Casual pot use causes brain abnormalities in the young: study