Singapore Telecommunications Q2 net profit down 1.6 pct
SINGAPORE Nov 14 (Reuters) - Singapore Telecommunications Ltd reported a 1.6 percent fall in second-quarter net profit on Wednesday, partly dragged down by higher costs.
SingTel, Southeast Asia's largest telecommunications firm, had net profit of S$868 million ($709.9 million) for the three months ended in September, down from S$882 million a year earlier.
Underlying net profit was S$886 million. That was below the S$896 million average forecast based on a Reuters poll of six analysts.
For SingTel's statement on its earnings, click ($1 = 1.2227 Singapore dollars) (Reporting by Eveline Danubrata; Editing by John O'Callaghan)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |