Enel says Enersis investors agree cap hike strategic
MILAN (Reuters) - The CFO of Italy's Enel (ENEI.MI) said on Tuesday there was full agreement with the minority shareholders of Chile-based energy firm Enersis ENE.SN that a planned capital increase was strategic for the unit.
"It seems to me things are getting better ... Consensus is there (on the deal being strategic)," Luigi Ferraris told analysts.
Earlier this month Enersis scaled back plans for the controversial capital increase and will now seek to raise up to a quarter less than initially planned.
Opposition from minority shareholders, especially Chile's private pension funds, prompted the regulator to step in and impose conditions on the deal.
(Reporting By Stephen Jewkes; Editing by Jennifer Clark)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report