Volkswagen brand vehicle sales up 16.3 percent in October
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) said on Tuesday that sales of its namesake brand surged 16.3 percent in October to 501,300 vehicles, the second largest gain of the past eight months.
Ten-month sales of VW brand autos rose 11.2 percent to 4.72 million cars and sport-utility vehicles, Wolfsburg, Germany-based VW said in a statement. Western European sales excluding Germany fell 6 percent to 719,100 vehicles, though.
(Reporting By Andreas Cremer)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'