Volkswagen brand vehicle sales up 16.3 percent in October
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) said on Tuesday that sales of its namesake brand surged 16.3 percent in October to 501,300 vehicles, the second largest gain of the past eight months.
Ten-month sales of VW brand autos rose 11.2 percent to 4.72 million cars and sport-utility vehicles, Wolfsburg, Germany-based VW said in a statement. Western European sales excluding Germany fell 6 percent to 719,100 vehicles, though.
(Reporting By Andreas Cremer)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA