VW brand vehicle sales up 16.3 pct in October
BERLIN Nov 13 (Reuters) - Germany's Volkswagen said on Tuesday that sales of its namesake brand surged 16.3 percent in October to 501,300 vehicles, the second largest gain of the past eight months.
Ten-month sales of VW brand autos rose 11.2 percent to 4.72 million cars and sport-utility vehicles, Wolfsburg, Germany-based VW said in a statement. Western European sales excluding Germany fell 6 percent to 719,100 vehicles, though. (Reporting By Andreas Cremer)
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter