Weatherford to sharpen focus on profitable business lines
Nov 13 (Reuters) - Oilfield services company Weatherford International Ltd will sharpen its focus on more profitable growth to shape up after a year of tending to problems with its taxes, its chief executive said on Tuesday.
CEO Bernard Duroc-Danner also said that once the tax remediation was done, he would turn his attention back to selling about $1 billion in assets - a plan that originally emerged in 2011.
Late on Monday, the company reported a decline in pretax earnings and gave an outlook for the fourth quarter that was below market expectations. Weatherford's Switzerland-traded shares fell nearly 9 percent.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine