Weatherford to sharpen focus on profitable business lines
Nov 13 (Reuters) - Oilfield services company Weatherford International Ltd will sharpen its focus on more profitable growth to shape up after a year of tending to problems with its taxes, its chief executive said on Tuesday.
CEO Bernard Duroc-Danner also said that once the tax remediation was done, he would turn his attention back to selling about $1 billion in assets - a plan that originally emerged in 2011.
Late on Monday, the company reported a decline in pretax earnings and gave an outlook for the fourth quarter that was below market expectations. Weatherford's Switzerland-traded shares fell nearly 9 percent.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet