Bouygues lifts sales goal on buoyant construction
PARIS Nov 14 (Reuters) - French construction-to-media group Bouygues on Wednesday upgraded its 2012 sales target as buoyant construction business offset lower profitability at its telecom unit in the third quarter.
Net profit in the quarter ended Sept. 30 fell 29 percent to 286 million euros ($364 million), reflecting tough competition in France for Bouygues Telecom.
Sales in the period rose 7 percent, as the construction business continued to grow in France and international markets. ($1 = 0.7856 euros) (Reporting by Elena Berton; Additional reporting by Gilles Guillaume; Editing by James Regan)
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official