Bouygues lifts sales goal on buoyant construction
PARIS Nov 14 (Reuters) - French construction-to-media group Bouygues on Wednesday upgraded its 2012 sales target as buoyant construction business offset lower profitability at its telecom unit in the third quarter.
Net profit in the quarter ended Sept. 30 fell 29 percent to 286 million euros ($364 million), reflecting tough competition in France for Bouygues Telecom.
Sales in the period rose 7 percent, as the construction business continued to grow in France and international markets. ($1 = 0.7856 euros) (Reporting by Elena Berton; Additional reporting by Gilles Guillaume; Editing by James Regan)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine